12 July 2009

Strawberry Yogurt Cake

1 white cake mix (dry)
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 egg whites
2 weight watchers strawberry yogurt (6 oz. each) or light yogurt (it's 1 point for 6 oz).
1 tub fat free whipped topping (8 oz.)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and flour a 9 x 13 cake pan. Beat cake mix, water, applesauce, egg whites and one container (6 oz.) yogurt. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely. Fold remaining container (6 oz.) of yogurt into the whipped topping and spread over cake.

Serves 12-18 12 - 4 points each 18 - 3 points each

This is a yummy treat! It was moist and very delicious. FYI - I'm not sure what the reason was but the top of my cake started to burn after being in the over for a little while. I had it on the middle rack where I always put my cakes but it was going black. So I moved the rack down to the second to last rack. I was thinking this would be yummy with fresh strawberries on top or even mixed in with the cake mix. Also, if you wanted to try a different flavor of yogurt (blueberry, raspberry, etc) that could be yummy too. This is definitely a cake I will make again!!! I cut mine into 12 pieces for 4 points because I wanted a bigger piece. Oh, and I froze the left overs and ate a frozen piece the next day and it was kind of yummy frozen. (this recipe was given to me by a friend)

1 comment:

Scott & Jennifer said...

Made this.... VERY yummy, VERY moist! Will make it again... ohhh, maybe tonight!