14 October 2009

Potato Soup

30 oz (about 2 pounds) white potatoes, cut into big chunks
3 md carrots, sliced
3 stalks of celery, sliced
5 cups chicken broth (3-14 oz cans plus just a little bit of water to equal 5 cups)
12 oz. fat free evaporated milk
1 small onion
salt, pepper, ground basil to taste

Add all ingredients into a crock pot and cook for about 4-5 hours.

Servings: 8 (1 cup ea.)
Points: 2 per serving (figured on etools recipe builder)


Easy recipe. This is a pretty basic recipe but you can see how you can
change it up to your liking. The soup I tried (before making my own
version) was made with 5 cups of water and 5 bullion cubes. She didn't
add celery, instead just used celery seasoning. And she didn't add
onions. I like basil so I put some of that in to season it the way I
like. This is a very yummy soup. Just a bowl of big, chunky veggies!

1 comment:

The Holland Family said...

Roxi told me about your healthy WW blog. I am excited to look through it. I'm glad your soup turned out good. I'm going to try the variation you made. You are so great to keep on going with the WW thing. Anyway thanks. Nicole