05 February 2010

Banana Caramel Shortcakes
from Hungry Girl

2 cups fat free cool whip
1 Jell-O Sugar Free Creamy Caramel or Dulce de Leche Pudding Snack
1 lrg. banana, sliced
1 package Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet
1/4 cup light or fat-free caramel dip



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In a large bowl, combine cool whip and pudding and stir until blended. Mix in banana slices. Refrigerate until ready to assemble your shortcakes.

Prepare two large baking sheets by spraying them with nonstick spray. Set aside. On a dry surface, roll dough our into a large rectangle --about 12 in X 9 in -- of even thickness. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut dough into 18 evenly sized pieces (each about 3 in X 2 in). Place the pieces of dough, evenly spaced, on the baking sheets. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until light golden brown. Allow to cool.

Once you're ready to serve, lay out 9 pieces of baked dough and evenly distribute cool whip/pudding/banana mixture among them, about 1/4 cup per piece. Gently top each with another piece of baked dough. Set aside. In a microwave-safe dish, heat caramel dip until softened and warm, about 20 seconds. stir and then drizzle evenly over the shortcakes, about 1/2 tsp each.

Servings: 9
Points per serving: 3

All I can say is Y-U-M-M-Y!!! These were so delicious. I changed a few things just because of what I had on hand. Instead of using a Jell-O cup I just made my own pudding using a fat-free sugar-free Jell-O mix (I only had vanilla and it worked just fine). Then for the caramel, I just used the fat-free ice cream topping, again, it's just what I had on hand. I did buy the seamless dough sheets but I had to buy them in St. George. If I were to make this again I would probably just use the regular crescent roll dough. The only difference is they have seams but by rolling out the dough I'm assuming they would kind of blend anyways. I loved these. After I ate one shortcake I couldn't keep out of the stuff so I grabbed on more piece of dough and just dipped it into the cool whip mixture. This stuff was so good! I even thought about making a sugar cookie dough (I have a WW recipe that I LOVE) and using that instead of the crescent dough...it's worth a try! Any alteration could possibly change the points. Enjoy!

No comments: